Albemarle Corporation is on a global process redesign and ERP deployment journey. As part of this effort, we are leveraging technology to better understand, manage and control our tax risks. This role offers a unique opportunity for a person with the right skills, interests and background to be part of the transformation.
Albemarle Corporation is on a global process redesign and ERP deployment journey. As part of this effort, we are leveraging technology to better understand, manage and control our tax risks. This role offers a unique opportunity for a person with the right skills, interests and background to be part of the transformation. The VAT Technology Analyst position will lead Albemarle’s implementation of Onesource for all regions, excluding North and South America, for all our indirect tax needs and managing the VAT and VAT equivalent by region for all aspects of SAP. The role consists of liaising and collaborating with subject matter experts in all applicable regions, as well as internal IT departments, and other business functions. Get a better view of career fulfillment by joining us as a Senior Tax Analyst (VAT Technology). This position is based in Budapest.
- Designated VAT specialist with respect to SAP implementations including the gathering of local VAT requirements, the initial design process, performing analysis, testing and training.
- Build, maintain and govern processes surrounding VAT automation following newly incorporated SAP implementations.
- Partner with Global IT, Albemarle Corporation’s businesses and functions to assess, monitor and govern processes via the use of technology, including performing process and system monitoring and engagement with the business to resolve/communicate.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Finance ,or relevant fields
- + 4 years of experience in VAT, at a large tax consulting firm and/or in-house (in an international environment).
- You have excellent knowledge and understanding of VAT or its equivalent depending on the region.
- Good understanding of VAT-determination logic in ERP systems (preferably SAP) and any corresponding VAT automation solutions such as invoicing and reporting. In house experience in this area is preferred.
- Accurate, well organized and able to work on a standalone basis as VAT expert within an implementation team;
- Accelerating in team work; A proactive, hands-on and you take ownership; Able to work well on your own initiative; Able to develop effective and pragmatic solutions to difficult business issues;
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well in an international “virtual” team. You have strong stakeholder management skills and are able to manage and negotiate effective outcomes with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Fluent in English. Additional languages of French, German or Dutch is a Plus
Please use the 'Apply' button to apply.
Agency calls not appreciated.